星期六, 八月 08, 2009

One year already!!

Time flies. It has been one year already since i joined this company in KL. Also it is my 1 year in KL.

I have been working on ESB/SOA stuff since day 1. Back then i was really blur of all these queue/web services/broker/adapter stuff as i was from web development background. I am glad that i was given the chance to get exposed to this area. Thanks to the support from my colleagues. They are really great!

Since i am doing integration job, i often have to liaise with a few parties. Hence the interaction between me and them is quite important. The communication between me and them has to be effective to ensure that i am able to deliver the right solution as according to what business users need. This part has troubled me a lot. I think i still have much space for improvement in this area. Perhaps i need to take some psychology course. Hahaha.

I am quite lucky to witness the outsourcing process. My client - a telco company has outsourced its IT department to my company some time back. Things have turned quite messy at the first few months after the outsourcing. For example my project manager has changed 4 times in 3,4 months time and the process is no longer as clear as the one before the outsourcing. Fortunately i can see things are getting stable now.

Just looking forward to learn more things as long as i have not left this company. I hope can get high pay with minimum workload. Hahaha.