星期三, 七月 23, 2014

My comment on the article "Why I am not a Buddhist"

I came across this article via Projek Dialog.

I quite like Projek Dialog because this group of people always raise a lot of questions to Malaysians that help promote a kind of "rational" thinking.

Of course for people who don't like the idea, they will condemn Projek Dialog as anti-this or anti-that. But I believe to anti something is never the intention of Projek Dialog. As the name of the group tells, it is supposed to be a "Dialog". You express your sincere opinion without the fear from being sued or arrested. Of course you don't attack individual in a dialog.

Back to the article. Here is the original article. The following is my comment on this.

My first comment is:

What the author wrote is quite correct.

But to prove d existence of Karma and Reincarnation, is as hard as to prove the existence of God. It's either you believe it or not.


Buddhism, like other religions, had evolved into different schools. You can see a lot of influences from other religions in Buddhism. This happened to all religions in the world as well.

The most unfortunate thing that happened to religions is , they got "doctrininated" and their face not longer look d same as the first time they were introduced to d world.


My second comment is:

Buddha is not God. Buddha simply means "the one who is enlightened".

Gautama Buddha said that everyone can become a Buddha, either via his teachings, or via other methods.


Gautama Buddha never deny the existence of God. He just did not mention it. The reason is simple, what is left for Gautama Buddha to talk about when God is simply beyond human cognition?

In my definition, to become a Buddha also means "to be together with God", which is referring to a state of consciousness.

In history, lots of sages from every corner of the world managed to reach that state, via different methods.

As far as I know, in Islam, the Sufis have methods to get one to experience the state of God's consciousness also.
My conclusion is:

In my opinion, you, as a human, is responsible for your own spiritual growth. You should explore around to look for the right teachings that suit your spritual needs. There is no so called the right religion or the wrong religion. When a religion become an organization rather than a teaching center, my advice is try to focus on how to grow your spirituality than doing all the 'religion-politic' nonsense.