星期六, 九月 20, 2008

Back to old tech? Oh no...

So today, i met Lim KY. He is a project manager. He is currently handling a bank system project team. I am not sure what system is that but i was told it is already a phase 2 project. I may take part in the UAT session of phase 2, and phase 3 too.

After bidding farewell to him, i asked one of the team members what technology they use. Unfortunately they are using those obsolete technologies such as Java 1.4, EJB2, Struts 1.2 and so on. Oh no, not even using Object Relational Framework or Dependency Injection Framework. I need to dig deeper in those areas. I want to try out JBoss Seam, more Spring, EJB3, more Hibernate and so on. I need to sharpen those. Now my dream will likely break. I know it is normal for a client like bank to use those technology they are comfortable with because they are proved to be stable. So i can not blame. I am wondering if i shall talk to my manager to avoid working on something i do not like.

I do not know how long will the phase 3 last. I just know that working in this project will not offer me a chance to travel to oversea. That is what i am looking forward to: to communicate with oversea colleagus or clients, i want to improve on that part. Furthermore now i am going to use the obsolete technologies. It is a double blow to me. I do not want to waste my time doing things i do not like. I want to achive my goal as soon as possible before i get married. As you guys out there know, normally man will lose lots of freedom after getting married. Sorry, i should say this phenomenon is common in Asia.

Wish me good luck.