星期二, 十二月 23, 2008

Production

Finally my WBI adapter for Kenan (a finance system built by Accenture) has gone for PRODUCTION last week. I thought after that everything will be fine. However...

I hit the Tuxedo connection error again. The murderer is the Tuxedo client library again! This time i migrated the jar version that i edited and put to the one at production server. It did not work! I was panicked!

Luckily i deployed the system earlier than the agreed time and i discovered the problem earlier. I still had the whole night trying to fix the problem. I went back and worked from home until 1 something in the morning. Finally i got the solution which is i have to set TUXEDO relevant environment variables at either my startup script or my user's profile (.profile). (It's AIX machine)

I went to bed after that. 4am in the morning i was awakened by a call from maxis staff to stand by for testing before production. What frustrated me most is a lot of tables and database objects are not granted with enough privileges. This problem has been troubling me till the morning.

Also, a lot of late requirements came out only after the users found out some data integrity issue. That even worsened the problem.

The fight continued until 5 something in the late afternoon next day. The client decided to switch to a backup plan. Thus the production was announced failed.

没有评论:

发表评论