星期二, 二月 15, 2022

Time to show Manager Power again!!!

My company is sending a reminder email to all managers that the current Financial Year is ending soon! 

Time to evaluate our direct reports' performance again!  

Basically this is what I have to do as a manager, but I don't need to do no4 as that is what my boss would do: 
  1. EOY review meetings take place
  2. HR system open Managers input ratings
  3. Market/Function calibrate and sign off on ratings
  4. Calibration and regional sign-off
  5. Managers communicate ratings to employees
The above is what I have to do for Performance. Next is on Reward.
  1. Managers make pay increase recommendations (and view provisional bonus) in HR system
  2. Regional and Global sign off reward recommendations 
  3. Pay rises effective 
  4. Managers communicate Reward outcomes
Time to get busy again! Now I'm managing 2 Lead Engineers and 10 Senior Engineers. I can tell you that I spend a lot of time in Resource Management, Functional Management & PowerPoint Presentation (to manage Up specifically) than anything else.  

I still do coding and still enjoy the process but then I don't think I want to spend most of the time dealing with applications. 

没有评论:

发表评论