星期五, 四月 10, 2015

Response to Marina Mahathir's article(Diversity begins at school) on TheStar

This is the original article - Diversity begins at school

As for myself, i had not much chance to get in touch with other races during my childhood time until I grad from university.

But, I am a curious type of guy, so since young I have been reading books on different religions, I read the story of Islam ever since I was in primary school. So now I don't really have problem with people coming from different religion backgrounds.

The key is, you don't know someone, that is fine. But you don't make assumption or create stereotype on people just because you don't know.

What is the spirit of science? Don't conclude based on assumption. Do experiment to find out the truth.

As time goes by, my understanding on other religions are getting better & better. I participated in Chinese Temple procession, I participated in Christian Church's activities, I even get to participate in a few Hindu rituals and learn from a Hindu Guru.

I learnt about western philosophies as well. These ppl are real good in using human rational mind to come out with some wonderful conclusion. One such example is Ontology.

Before I enter any temple, I will always wash my face, hand and feet like what every muslim does before entering mosque. To me, there's a reason behind it, which is to get rid of any bad Qi(energy) that is attached to our body so that we will not bring the Qi to the sacred place.

The way I pray to Buddhist's Bodhisattva is almost the same as how muslim does his/her solat. Anyway I did not invent this way, it was sort of inherited.

My effort on trying to understand different religions (or philosophies) have helped me to realize one thing, that the core essence of all religions is always about Spiritual Growth of Human Being. Rituals and doctrines are just meant to be tools to help boost the faith in God which eventually helps in our spiritual growth. One can always choose a tool that is most suitable for himself/herself. How to examine the result? Very easy, just look at how you react towards unpleasant situations or words or whatever. From there, you will know your progress.

When we have attained certain spiritual level via our religion spiritual practices, we will be able to experience God's consciousness.

And I also found out that, throughout the development of each and every religion, each religion was greatly influencing each other.

As of now, you ask me what my religion is, my religion is God. And how do I strengthen my faith in God? I learn from Confucianism's sacred books.

So you see, it is one person's will whether he/she would love to explore other cultures or religions. It should be by any kind of force.Every parent just need to educate their children, there are many things in the world which seem alien to us, but we don't think bad about these, we have to know em into detail first before we make any bad assumption. And parent must always not kill their children's' curiosity. Curiosity is the one that motivate us to become someone better.

没有评论:

发表评论